We took our annual Tennessee trip over the Independence Day weekend. Kami, her boyfriend, Belmont, Jacob, Indy, and I left on Thursday morning and rode down in Belmont's car. We got to Fairview at around 3:30 and Granny and Grandpa were waiting for us with Annie Blue. Supper was delicious- way too much food (all week, as a matter of fact).
On Friday, I went out with my girlfriend, Tarah. We have been friends since 1st grade when we began girl scouts together. Her Mama, Mrs. Stella, was one of our troup leaders. tarah and I had lunch at a sandwich shop in Dickson and stopped by a little store that sold her jewerly. (It is amazing, by the way- check it out on her website). We came back to Fairview and visited with Mrs. Stella and Charlie Joe, Tarah's 3 year old. I got to tour the garden and wild flower beds and was thoroughly entertained by Charlie, who loves moster trucks, running, and surprises. Tarah and Mrs. Stella both gave me the sweetest gifts.
On Friday evening, the extended family came down to Granny's for supper. It was fun to see everybody. We sat out on the patio talking while the Grand Ole Opry played bluegrass on the radio.
Most of us went to Franklin to see the McClungs on Saturday. Kevin and Holly have 3 kids now; Claire, 7, Annabelle, 4, and Asher, almost 2. What precious little ones. We made our way to the farmer's market at the Factory in Fraklin. I remembered how much I love farmer's markets! And, we had Tennessee bar-be-que for lunch- devine.
Sunday: went to church at Christ Pres in Nashville. After church, due to something mentioned in the sermon, we headed out seeking Krispy Kreme doughnuts....perfect. That evening was the 4th of July celebration at my uncle and aunt's in Franklin. Food, games, family. It was so much fun. The fireworks were not as good this year due to the fact that they had been moved and we couldn't see them as well. But, when we got back to Granny's, the kids shot some off.
Highlights: doughnuts, family stories, seeing places I love, bar-be-que, friends
Lowlights: spider bite
No comments:
Post a Comment