It is lovely how much pleasure one can get from the simple things. Today I sanded on my old metal bed. I am hoping to paint it a nice, pale green once it is finished. I found two tomatoes, a couple handfuls of green beans, and a few sugar snap peas. I added our beans to the ones I had snapped earlier in the afternoon that I had gotten from the farmer's market.
After walking the dog again, I got to work cooking. I made some chicken and put in the fridge for a couple chicken dishes later in the week. I also made Puppy Chow and Cornflake Cookies. I am sending some to John for his birthday and giving the rest to Will. After eating the rest of my left of Monical's meal, I made a small pillow and finshed the apron I had been sewing. With my new apron on, I grabbed the bowl of peaches I bought for cobbler and peeled them before putting them in the fridge.
I love productive days.
No comments:
Post a Comment