Saturday, July 10, 2010
Farmer's Market
This morning, the family left for the mission's trip. I got up @ 4:15 to visit with them before their departure at 4:45. Once they had gone, I did most of my Sunday school lesson, got ready, and walked Indiana around town a bit. At 6:15 I left Paxton and headed to Urbana to the farmer's market. We had gone while in TN and I remembered how much I love them! It was very nice! Lots of venders, artisans, crafters, farmers. The first stop I made was an Amish tent that was selling homemade jams and butters. I bought Apple Butter, Rhubarb Jam, and Peach Jam. The last thing I bought was a loaf of homemade Oatmeal bread...I stopped by the tent earlier, but had to make my way back to it before leaving. Those two purchases will go perfect together. I ended up with 3 ears of sweet corn, a pound of new potatoes, a pound of fresh green beans, 3/4 lb of sugar snap peas, and a pint of tame blackberries (huge!). All together, I'd say it was a rather productive morning. Now I can cook something good for a handsome farmer I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment