Sunday, July 25, 2010

Step by Step


Yesterday was date day. I drove down to Camargo after work. Will and I had quite a productive day- there have been so many things to plan and lists to make. We began by going over a few things with his mom, Sarah- she had some questions for me regarding registering, rehearsal dinner, etc. Next, Will and I went to visit his friend, Geneva, in the nursing home. She is 98 years old and very alert. She cannot see or hear very well, but knows dates, names, and news going on around her. She hasn't been outside in years I think, but is very content where she is. Her son, Carl, goes to see her a couple times a week. I met him at church with Will and he is very sweet. Will goes to see her once a week, unless he is in the field.

In the evening, we went to look at our future home. I was going to measure windows for curtains, but forgot the tape measure. So, I took pictures of every room to show to my family and to get ideas for decorating. We talked about things we'd like to register for, too. It's fun thinking about the future.

We went to Dairy Queen and had ice cream for supper. There was a storm that cooled everything down. The sky was dark in places and we saw a full rainbow. Will had me drive part of the way home in his 5 speed. I'm learning how to drive a manual for the first time. Guess a tractor is next...

No comments:

Post a Comment