How enjoyable to plan a meal for the ones you love. My family headed home from their week long missions trip in Cherokee, North Carolina. They were scheduled to arrive at 4 p.m., but got home even earlier. I was able to get a few things checked off of my list before they got here.
While listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on audio book, I folded 4 loads of laundry. Vacuuming the floor was next on the list. Indy jumped around the room with a bracelet he was apparently trying to save from the vacuum cleaner. Eight apples had to be peeled while Jim Dale read on.
The apple crisp turned out good, Mom said. I had to make one with regular white sugar instead of brown b/c I ran out. But, it tasted ok. Supper was very nice: fresh green beans, new potatoes, white cheddar noodles, Italian dressing marinated chicken, and boiled eggs.
Tomorrow I am driving down to the farm to go to church with Will. He said quite a few people wanted to meet me. After Sunday school is the church picnic. Everyone is to bring a covered dish to share and meat and drinks are provided. I decided to make potato salad and apple crisp. I still have the potato salad to make tonight. Right now the potatoes are cooling. This past Spring, I found out how much I liked it! I am sure it will be a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment