My table came all the way from Tennessee. I bought it back in 2003 (I think it was probably from the 40s or 50s) and it made a trip to Missouri on top of our old suburban (Beverly Hillbillies?). From there, it traveled to Paxton and remained under the basement stairs until this past February where it came home to Tuscola. On the move from St. Louis, it lost two legs...somehow. Thankfully, we have a very talented friend who made 2 identical legs to match the old ones.
The shelves were just put up on Saturday. They are made from Hobby Lobby brackets and oold wood from Will's Grandpa's corn crib. (a lot more of that wood was used in our chicken coop) Will hung these lovely shelves up for me- we had to find studs because both the wood and brackets are extra heavy. I have been looking forward to hanging them since we moved in! They are filled with the kind of decorations I love.
And, lastly in the photos is my 'recipe book box.' I found it at an antique store in town. It was an old fruit (orange?) box. Hanging next to the box is my collection of aprons-old, new, handmade, store bought. And, on top of the box are my coffee perculator and a sweet baby chick with eggs that my dear friend, Katie, gave me...before I ever even had a chicken fettish!
I enjoy my home and the things that surround m,e. They usually have a story to tell and I'll be the first to tell it. If walls could talk...
No comments:
Post a Comment