Sunday, August 28, 2011

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

...a very good place to start. (How many of you are singing now?) What a whirlwind of a year it has been. I guess I should begin by saying, Will and I are married! Our wedding was held at Westminster Presbyterian, PCA in Paxton, IL on January 29th, 2011. It was a lovely 40 degreesF outside. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. I felt like a princess in my dress (complete with blue, heeled Mary Janes). Our honeymoon was a Southern tour. We touched 9 states in 8 days, but didn't stop in all of them. On Friday, Will had planned a surprise for me: he took me to the Grande Ole Opry in Nashville! I had always wanted to go, but hadn't ever been able to. We left on our honeymoon right before the blizzard hit!

Mr. William Cannon and I live in Tuscola, IL- central. We have 1 acre, which is the perfect size, but our yard backs up to his uncle's farm- pastures full of cows! I have truly enjoyed being a farmer's wife thus far. Canning, freezing, haning laundry out on the line, baking, I even made homemade noodles! We have 24 beautiful chickens- 1 rooster and 23 hens. They are a variety of colors (and personalities). We're hoping for eggs in a month or so. It'll be wonderful to be able to share such farm fresh treasures with friends and family!

Well, that catches you up...almost. I am 32 weeks pregnant! We are expecting our little Baby Boy Cannon on October 24. I am sure he will be a sweet mess. According to Will, we are going to have beautiful, model-worthy children! I know he will be right if they all look like him. We're both excited, and nervous. He will be the first nephew, grandchild and great-grandchild on both sides of the family. Spoiled??

I hope to keep updates on here more often (at least once a week). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment