Monday, October 11, 2010

Ridin' the tractor...

On Saturday, I drove down to Camargo and rode in the tractor with Will. Harvest is all but finished. There are 2 late bean fields left that won't be ready for a couple of weeks. We were pulling a tool called the "ripper." That was for about 2 hours. Then we stopped and took a walk to the pond and fed the fishies. The Cannon Farm has a nice pond with blue gill and maybe some other kinds. [I didn't learn my different fish in Girl Scouts. Will can tell what they are even under the water].

His great-aunt Martha had us all over for supper that evening. His parents, grandparents, Will, & I joined Aunt Martha and Uncle Dale. They were having a special family supper because Will's great uncle Tom and his girlfriend, Dorothy, were in town from Sacramento, CA. The meal was delicious. Sarah, Will's mom, amde Texas sheet cake for dessert. Mmm. Lovely end to a perfect Saturday.

I have begun training Martha at work. She was hired as my replacement. My last day is January 20th, 9 days before the wedding. So, I have about 3 months to train Martha. Things went really well today; I hope she didn't feel overwhelmed. My brain can sure get fried after a day like today. I think she'll do great. Martha is very personable and friendly. She has caught on really fast.

Annie's birthday is Thursday. She'll be 10! Oh my goodness. Will and Kami are coming up for supper and cake. It'll be fun! I cannot believe she is already ten. My, how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment