Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bride for a Day

On Saturday I went shopping with my two sisters and Mom for a wedding dress. Kami drove up from St. Louis on Thursday just for the occasion. We had planned on going to Bloomington, but I decided against that and we instead went to Champaign Urbana. I had made an appointment Saturday morning for Michelle's and it happened to be the last appointment available! We went to the seamstress' home so she could measure Kami and Annie for their MOH and flower girl dresses.

At 11:30, we arrived at Michelle's. I was a bit nervous as I had neer had to try on dresses like this before. I am not a fancy person, but these gowns were beautiful. The girls helped me pick out 6 dresses to start with. The dressing rooms were huge, with large mirrors, but there was also a platform out in the store to stand on and look at the dress. After trying on a few, I came to one that I really liked. I had liked lots of them. It came down to 2 dresses- both were made by the same designer, the only dresses of this designer in the store.

I picked The One and asked that we get extra material, the same as the dress, in order to have sleeves made. There were other sleeves to choose from, but I didn't care for them as much. I can't go into a lot of detail or someone may read about it. But, I really am pleased with the dress I got.

After the final details were ironed out, the four of us went to lunch at McAlisters. Yummy. I really like that place. Next, we went to the mall to Bergner's and I found a dress for my bridal shower. I was glad that was a quicker decision to make. It was rather tiring trying o nso many dresses! We ran to JoAnn's to look at material for curtains, but I didn't get anything, just ideas.

I can't wait to get my dress and try it on again. By then, it'll be very close to the wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment