Sunday, September 26, 2010

Showered with Blessings







On Labor Day weekend we traveled to Tennessee for no less than 2 bridal showers. Will, Mom, Kami, and Annie went with me. My extended family had never met Will before, so I was glad to get to finally introduce him to them. We are so southern. I think he definately enjoyed himself. Granny out did herself cooking, as usual. On Friday evening after supper, we all just sat out on the porch and talked. Amber came over after work and Uncle Sonny, Wyatt, and Codi were around some as well.

On Saturday morning, I drove Will around Fairview where I grew up. We saw the school, our old house, and down in the valley in and around Fernvale. The weather was beautiful. It meant a lot to me to be able to show Will my town. I am sure some things about me became clearer as he was introduced to everyone and everything. Lots more hills than Illinois.

Our first shower was at 2 in the afternoon. Holly McClung, one of our dear friends, threw the shower for us. Kevin stayed in that house full of girls, bless his heart, to keep Will company. Will had wanted to come and meet my girlfriends. The guys headed up to the loft to watch football and talk. Charlotte and Lisa were the first to arrive. It was wonderful to see them! Holly, Claire, and Annabelle were our hostesses. Rachel and Avery Rist; Kathy, Katie, and Emily Whitehead and their sister/daughter, Jessie Mikrut [and baby Mikrut on the way]; and Tarah Coleman and Mrs. Stella Rogers.

It meant a great deal to me that they could all come. They overwhelmed us with the sweetest gifts. The refreshments were excellent. Thank you to my hosts for their sweet preparation, ideas, games, love, and encouragement! You are all very dear to my heart. Thank you, too, to my sweet friends who came and celebrated our upcoming wedding. It was wonderful to see everyone and share those memories! I love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment