We are leaving for Tennessee on Thursday, so I had a list of things I wanted/needed to get accomplished today. After getting off work at 11, I came home adn took Indy out for a walk. The weather was very nice. Lovely blue sky with white, puffy clouds. I enjoyed the breeze.
I had to get a Sunday school substitute for the 4th, as we'll be gone. So, I took the lesson books to the lady who graciously agreed to take my sweet junior high girls class. I grabbed some lunch on the way home. When I got home, I checked my e-mail, only to be saddened by the note from Will that he will have to stay behind and plant soy beans instead of coming with us to see the family down South. I am so disappointed. But, I know that is the life of a farm wife. He is such a hard worker. I am glad they didn't get any more rain than they got last night. And, the rest of the week looks dry and sunny.
After getting my eyebrows waxed for the first time since high school, I came home and worked in the garden. Some of our green beans and sugar snap peas didn't come up. So, since Mom had pulled out the radishes from earlier this Spring, I planted green beans in their place as well as where they didn't come up before. And, I replanted some peas as well. It looks like we may have one surviving carrot plant. I was going to replant those too, but I had already used all the seeds. I watered everything, including Mom's flower beds and put the hose pipe away.
Indy needed another walk, so we went around a few blocks. I got online and made some phone calls regarding wedding plans. Then, I ran to True Value and looked at some possible colors for the iron bed I am sanding and repainting. I've never taken on a projext like this, so I am very excited. I had planned on going out after the sun had moved from the back yard and sanding on it some, but I am suddenly tired. Maybe I can do some work on it next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment